Some new underground hip hop for ya
“rough as emory” — liked that line :)
2. How many years for a doctor who performs one?
3. Will the punishments be greater the second time around? 4. Where will the state get the money necessary to prosecute one-third of all American women for this crime?
5. Forty-two percent of women who have an abortion have incomes below 100 percent of the federal poverty level (that’s $10,830 for a single woman with no children, if you’re counting). When women are forced to have children they cannot afford to raise, will those children become wards of the state or simply new Medicaid recipients? Where will the state find the money necessary to support them?
6. Will you be willing to watch your wife die in front of you when her life is threatened by an unsafe pregnancy that no one is allowed to do anything about? Your daughter?
7. Will rapists have to pay child support to women who are forced to have their children?
8. Will the child of incest be in the custody of its rapist father or the father’s teenaged daughter, his mother? In fact, 18 percent of women who have an abortion in America are teenagers. Will they be required to drop out of high school to raise their children or will the state provide free childcare?
9. Will upper-class white women be prosecuted as vigorously as other women who have abortions?
10. You are aware that upper-class white women have abortions, aren’t you? 10 Questions for Anti-Choice Candidates : Ms Magazine Blog (via tryingtofollow)
Daaaaamn! Love to see one of these pop up at a GOP debate.
Rowan replied to my bell hooks post with the observation that she feels more suspicious of men who identify as feminist. I don’t think that’s unreasonable!
I think that trustworthiness is an admirable trait, but if someone went out of their way to pointedly mention all the time how trustworthy they are, it would be a red flag.
A man supportive of feminist movement should understand why he isn’t always seen as automatically heroic for lip service.
Toughen up, sensitive men like me!
whats up with bell hooks having no caps in her name?
How did you get clean? Did you go to meetings?
I tried some meetings – a couple of churches and things. It tended to not do me much good. People tried to be cool, but I got asked for autographs a couple of times. It made me shut down. Instead, I called a rehab counselor who’d helped me the…